counter on blogger
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
GlutenFreelancer: One Year Later

A year ago today, I officially became my own boss. I had quietly started a consulting company earlier in 2014, but on October 13th I was on my own. I officially launched GlutenFreelancer.com as a way to connect brands with the gluten-free community. I wanted to teach restaurants and chefs that there was more to "gluten-free" than slapping a GF on the menu. I wanted to make sure gluten-free producers were doing things correctly and taking our community seriously. I was finally able to put my years of gluten-free and celiac advocacy to good business use through social media, public relations, event planning, and writing.

I can't believe it has been a whole year already!

I quit my day job in education software to make my dream a reality. I always wanted to have some kind of gluten-free business. People often suggested writing a cookbook or opening a bakery. Since I don't write recipes or ever bake from scratch, this just didn't make sense. I knew I was a strong project manager from my years in publishing and software. I was always interested in the dynamics of the social media world. I also had more than 30 years worth of personally living gluten-free with celiac disease so I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly in the gluten-free product world. I wanted to transfer my knowledge and experience for others.

Over the past year, I have learned more than in the previous 3 or 4 years about running a business, being my own boss, and time management. I have helped restaurants in New York City open their doors and grow on social media from the ground up. I have written articles for national gluten-free magazines and international travel websites. I have been interviewed for major news outlets such as Epoch Times and Korean Broadcast System. I have also networked and connected with people across the globe, which is one of my favorite parts of the job.

I continue to add to my client list each month and I am excited to see what the next year brings. If you are a small business, chef, or restaurant that is looking to connect with the gluten-free community, contact me! I would be happy to give you a complimentary consultation to see how we can work together. Just mention this post. Email me at theglutenfreelancer@gmail.com and visit me at www.glutenfreelancer.com.


Thank you to my family and friends
who continue to be my biggest supporters! 


Labels: , , , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer