counter on blogger
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
2012 WEGO Health Activist Awards Nominee
I was thrilled to learn this morning that I was nominated for a 2012 WEGO Health Activist Award. This year, I was nominated for "Best in Show: Community/Forum - Awarded to someone who exemplifies the use of a community or forum to raise awareness and make connections."

As you have read many times on this blog, I was totally lacking a gluten-free community growing up. I didn't even meet a fellow Celiac until I was a teenager. This made my gluten-free world very lonely at times. When I started organizing events for the NYC Celiac Meetup group in 2005 and writing this blog in 2007, I felt like I was giving back to the gluten-free community. At the same time, I realized that I still longed for this connections with others living with Celiac.

Being nominated for this Best in Show award makes me feel that all of my hard work and dedication to our community has not gone unnoticed. I do not know who nominated me but if you are reading this THANK YOU! This nomination means so much to me!

You can help endorse my nomination by entering your email address below. It would mean the world to me to win. Thank you in advance!


Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger ackdavis said...

Congratulations, Erin. Excellent news.

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer