counter on blogger
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Expo East Wrap-Up: Part 2
As I mentioned in my first Expo East post last week, there were more vendors then I even had time for at the Expo. After day 2, I was so tired and happily full of gluten-free food that somehow I slept right through a friend's dog barking incessantly as her father used one of those noisy blowers to inflate an air mattress. Although exhausted and probably 5 pounds heavier, I left the Expo happy to have met as many gluten-free vendors and bloggers as I did. I was also really hopeful to meet everyone, bu there weren't enough hours in the day to cover the entire Expo East floor.

A big highlight of my gluten-free days at Expo East were trying products that were new to me. These are products that I either read about on other gluten-free blogs or Twitter or companies that I always heard about but never actually met in person. This list is my summary.

Gluten-Free New-To-Me List

  • Genius by Glutino Gluten-Free Bread: I had been reading about this bread since it's state-side debut at ExpoWest but I hadn't tried it yet. Genius is one of Europe's most popular gluten-free breads and through a partnership agreement, Glutino is now selling the Genius bread in the United States. This bread was really good as a grilled cheese sandwich. I think the true test of gluten-free bread is eating it right out of the package without topping or toasting. We all know that many gluten-free breads need toasting to taste "right". I would like to try this bread again plain, so I am keeping my eyes peeled here in NYC. 
  • Mareblu Almond Crunch Bag: I mentioned Mareblu Naturals Almond Rice Pops last week as a new product, but this company was entirely new to me. I loved their Almond Crunch in a HUGE 28oz bag. "Clusters of dry-roasted almonds lightly sweetened and held together with a blend of tapioca syrup and evaporated cane sugar" hit the spot the first day of Expo East. I also tried their Pistachio Trail Mix which has pistachios, cashews, and almonds. As a big nut fan, I would definitely buy this product again. 
  • TrueBar: Back in June, Bakery on Main launched TrueBars, a new fruit and nut bar for people on the go. These TrueBars come in 6 flavors including: Hazelnut Chocolate Cherry, Walnut Cappuccino, Fruit and Nut, Raspberry Chocolate Almond, Coconut Cashew, and Apricot Almond Chai. They are now available for purchase on the Bakery on Main website and should also be available on your favorite stores shelves. 
  • Hilary's Eat Well Burgers: A few months ago I read about the gluten-free Veggie Burger and Adzuki Bean Burgers from Hilary's Eat Well. At Expo East, I actually ate these for breakfast on the second day of the Expo and I was not disappointed. It is rare to find a gluten-free veggie burger and these were good. What made my sampling even better was meeting the lovely Hilary, founder of the company. Although  not yet available in local stores, Hilary's Eat Well burgers are both available on GlutenFreeMall.com.
  • GoPicnic Ready-to-Eat Meals: I have been reading about GoPicnic meals forever. With 6 gluten-free, pre-made meals, these are a great box to pick-up when traveling or on the go. I was most excited to learn about the Sunbutter and Crackers GoPicnic meal which is co-branded with EnjoyLife Foods. 

Even more gluten-free finds coming up in Part 3 next week!

Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer