counter on blogger
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
The Celiac Kid
I recently was sent a copy of a new book called "The Celiac Kid" by Stephanie Skolmoski. This is a fully illustrated book explaining what it is like to be a kid with Celiac disease. It talks about what it is like to have friends who don't have celiac, what foods you can eat as a kid with celiac, and even gives a light scientific explanation of kids with celiac disease.

I think this would be an excellent book to bring to show-and-tell in the classroom of a child with celiac disease. It would not only educate the teacher, but also give your child's class a kid-level explanation of why your child can't eat what the other kids are eating.

Although I haven't shared this book with any kid yet, I plan on reading it to my gluten-intolerant nieces and passing it along to a mom of a celiac very soon.

To learn more about this book, please visit: www.celiackidbook.com




Update: The Celiac Kid is now available at a reduced price of $6.50 (regularly $7.95) on their website. They also offer discounts on large orders.

Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Erin for sharing this book with us. I've added it to my post on "Childrens' Books to Explain Celiac Disease.

http://theglutenfreefoodblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/childrens-books-to-explain-celiac.html

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer