counter on blogger
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Gluten-Free Surprise in Woodside, NY
Jin's Big Apple Fruits Market

When I got off the train yesterday in Woodside, I wanted to pick up some fruits and veggies for the week. Like in most of Queens and New York City, there are bodegas on almost every corner that sell produce. I was looking for a place to lock up my bike and noticed Jin's Big Apple Fruits Market on Roosevelt Ave. near the corner of 60th Street.

When I went inside, I picked up some fruit and then noticed a big display of Bob's Red Mill products. This display wasn't just the usual couple of bags of flour, but many of the gluten-free favorites including brownie mix, flax seeds, and even the All Purpose GF Baking Flour.

I literally must have passed this store 10 or 20 times in the past five years and never walked beyond their produce section in the front of the store. Big mistake! As I continued to walk around the store, I was pleasantly surprised by the huge selection of gluten-free food that they had in such an "average" looking store. It is so not just another bodega. ;-) They had products from Enjoy Life, Mary's Gone Crackers, Bob's Red Mill, San-J, and more. The prices were reasonable, but I only had a little cash on me so I didn't buy much.

With Jin's only a short bike ride away (and conveniently located off the 7 train and the LIRR) and lots of Irish pubs serving gluten-free Magner's on the same block, I am sure to head back to Woodside soon!

Jin's Big Apple Fruits Market
60-07 Roosevelt Ave @ 60th Street


View Larger Map

Labels: , , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's also a relatively new health market on the corner of 61st Street and Woodside Ave called Veggie Monster that sells many natural and organic brands as well.

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip! I will have to check it out.

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer