counter on blogger
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Gluten-Free at Camp Westminster
Growing up, I always went to camp. First I was at day camp and then for seven summers I went to D.P.F. Nassau County 4-H Camp in Riverhead, NY. Those seven summers were honestly the best ones of my life. I loved the camp so much that I was a CIT, junior counselor, and senior counselor. The only reason I stopped going was because I had to go to college and start making some real money. We used to joke we got paid something ridiculous like $0.21 per hour! But the memories and friendships I made at camp were truly priceless. I was lucky enough to have a cook at camp that would help me out with my dietary needs. Thanks Maryanne! In retrospect, I am sure I could have done more but as I got older I simply learned a lot of eating things I did in my life could have been more careful. These days, it is amazing to me that there are camps that cater full weeks to gluten-free meals. Camp Westminster is one of those camps! Read more from Camp Westminster:


Did you enjoy summer camp as a child?
Have you been hoping your child would have the same opportunity to learn and grow in a summer camp environment?

This can be difficult, even impossible, if your child struggles with food related health problems. That is why Camp Westminster on Higgins Lake in Michigan (www.campwestminster.com) is offering camp opportunities for children who require special menus.

GFCF camp will be the week of June 20-26, 2010.

NEW THIS YEAR: A gluten free menu will be available, with advance registration, during any week of camp in 2010. If your child has other food issues, contact us to discuss accommodations. If you have food related camp questions, please contact Deanna at dkseng99 @ voyager.net or Pam Jann at pamelajann @ hotmail.com .

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer