counter on blogger
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Gluten-Free Pita Bread Now Available
Yep, it's true. GFL Foods is now selling gluten-free pita bread. This is one of those gluten-free things that you've always wanted, but almost no one makes gluten-free pitas. Now you can buy them online directly from the GFL website. The pita bread came to me defrosted although the packaging does suggest that you keep the pita bread frozen. I liked the flavor, but the bread was a bit crumbly. I was wondering if it would hold together better if it stayed frozen until you ate it. I put the gluten-free pita in the freezer as soon as I got it and then microwaved it when I was ready to eat. I tried it once with hummus and another time with goat cheese and pepperoni for a pizza-like snack. The dips kept the pita together better. Overall, I would recommend you give these gluten-free pitas from a try if you are looking for a quick snack bread.

Buy yours today! GFL Foods, Inc.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Debra said...

You can get GF pittas here and they're awesome. I use them all the time as pizza bases and make cheese and salami sandwiches with them on the weekend. Also awesome with hotdog sausages and mayo inside!
(That sounds like I eat all sorts of junk! I'm really healthy honest!)

Blogger LV said...

I'm soooooo excited to find out about these!! I just ordered 4 bags! I haven't had a pita in years and am soooo looking forward to making homemade gyros and falafel sandwiches instead of just dumping it on my plate! Thanks for sharing this wonderful find with everyone out here! Lisa

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer