counter on blogger
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Gluten-Free Fun Hits 200!!
I realized the other day that I recently wrote my 200th posting on Gluten-Free Fun. This blog started as a New Year’s Resolution in January 2007 and really has taken off quite well since then. I have loyal readers that I have met both in person and via email; I have received many samples which I try to blog about as soon as I get them; and I have seen the weekly traffic to my site grow tremendously over the past year and a half. It still excites me every time someone leaves a comment because it means I have real, live readers!

As many of you know, I started this blog to share my knowledge of Celiac Disease and living a gluten-free lifestyle. I was diagnosed at the age of 3 in 1981. My parents had extremely limited resources and relied on doctor’s suggestions and the narrow bit of information they could find at the public library. There was no internet which to me today is simply unfathomable. Although being diagnosed with Celiac Disease at any age during any era is a life-changing experience, being diagnosed today is almost a blessing compared to 27 years ago. My parents sent away to Ener-G Foods for my food, putting a new freezer in our basement to store it all. We bought cases of cereal when we actually found something I could eat in a small health food store. My mom and I nearly cried when we finally found a support group that could provide me with a gluten-free pizza part around 1990. In retrospect, they did the best they could with the knowledge and resources they had at the time. Today, there is so much more available that you are almost lucky to be diagnosed today rather than 27 years ago.

I really wish I could blog more and spend more time dedicating myself to Celiac Disease awareness, but I have to pay rent and make a living doing a “real” job. This blog is fun (hence the name) and I have met a lot of great people through this blog. Thank you to all of my readers who have helped me reach post 200!! (Actually, this is #202!)

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous David F said...
Anonymous Kim said...

Congrats on your 200th post! :)

Kim

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer