counter on blogger
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Gluten-Free Super Bowl
This year I got invited to a Super Bowl party at the house of a dear friend. I usually go to the gym during the Super Bowl since it is one of the few nights of the year that there are almost NO guys grunting and stinking the place up. But since I got the invite and then was approached by GlutenFreeFox.com asking me what I was making for the Super Bowl I figured I would go to the party and bring a yummy, gluten-free dish with me next Sunday. Tonight I did a trial run of a gluten-free Mexican lasagna and since it has refried beans and lots of cheese it still fits into my tradition of junk food during the Super Bowl. Did I mention it was delicious!? To me, the whole purpose of the Super Bowl is to watch commercials, see nip slips during the half-time show, and to eat junk food... this fit the bill. Super Bowl Sunday, here I come!!


Gluten-Free Fun's Mexican Lasagna

1 lb of ground beef or turkey
1 can of diced tomatoes with chilis
1 can of refried beans
1 package of gluten-free taco seasoning (be sure to check the ingredients!)
1/2 cup of corn kernels
1/2 cup of diced onions
2 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese
10-12 gluten-free corn tortillas (I use the 6inch kind)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown ground meat and drain excess fat.
3. Add can of tomatoes, corn, onions, and taco seasoning to the meat.
4. Add can of refried beans and bring this thick mixture to a slight boil.
5. Put a layer of the meat mixture into a 9X12 baking dish, followed by a layer of corn tortillas, and then a layer of cheese. Repeat with one or two more layers meat, cheese, and tortillas. Number of layers will depend on the size of your baking dish.
6. Top off with the rest of your cheese.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Enjoy!

Happy Super Bowl.

Who is playing? ;-)

Labels: , , ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

I have a similar recipe that my family loves. Thanks for entering my giveaway. I'm glad I found you. Gluten-free for 25 years? Wow!

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Linda, I actually need to update that information. I have been gluten-free since 1981 and it amazes me every day that there are so many resources now. My parents were clueless when I was first diagnosed. The internet has truly revolutionized gluten-free living!

I LOVE this recipe!! What a clever idea to use corn tortillas as the "lasagna noodles". Great job!

Wow, that sounds amazing!! I might have to make that for the next Packers game :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer