counter on blogger
Friday, July 27, 2007
Trendy Celiac
I guess Celiac Disease has now made it big since we got a shout-out in a posting on Gawker yesterday. Of course, Gawker being Gawker, was using Celiac Disease in a snarky manner but we did get a mention nonetheless.

The posting "The Fats: Why There Are No Fat People at Wesleyan" specifically said:
Since most Wesleyan feeder schools are either private or one of those rich suburban high schools where the girls all happen to have celiac disease, and the fat girls are treated like Martha Dumptruck, it's not surprising that the campus would look like an Undereaters Anonymous retreat. Skinny jeans, people! There's a reason they don't come in big sizes!


Now I know plenty of Celiacs and trust me, we ain't all wearing skinny jeans. I just find it irritating and irresponsible that they are equating Celiac Disease to a rich-girl eating disorder, which clearly it is NOT!!

Then again, Celiac is getting mentioned; should I complain?? And if Celiac Disease is truly the next big thing, then I am light years ahead of my time. Being diagnosed and gluten-free since 1981, I am clearly the Queen of this trend!

Labels: , ,



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!

I just found your blog and wanted to say hi.

Nancy

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Unknown said...

Please see David's comment and follow-up blog posting by clicking here.

Blogger jill elise said...

I've GAINED weight since I stopped eating gluten!! But I guess that's because I want to spend all my time in the kitchen now recreating foods I shouldn't eat anymore.

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer