counter on blogger
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Gluten Free Girls Recipe Contest Winner: ME!!

In the summer of 2005, I entered an online gluten-free recipe contest on a whim. I have always enjoyed baking and one of my favorite recipes is making simple peanut butter cookies so yummy that most people cannot even tell are gluten-free. I brought them in for a baby shower at work one day and then started getting requests for me to bake the cookies for other events. Since it was such a big hit both in the gluten-free and gluten world, I figured I would submit this recipe. In November 2005 the winners were announced and I was one of them!! It was so exciting to hear that I was going to have my p.b. cookie recipe in a cookbook, it was just as exciting to win a $100 gift card to Whole Foods.

In the summer of 2006, The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness and Author Vanessa Maltin released Beyond Rice Cakes: A Young Person’s Guide to Cooking, Eating & Living Gluten-Free. I finally got my copy of the book today and I was absolutely THRILLED to finally see my name in print. Not only do I have award-winning cookies, but I am now a published recipe chef. ;-) You can find my name on page 40 and my recipe and name (again!) on page 149.

Beyond Rice Cakes page 40

Beyond Rice Cakes page 149

WOOHOO!!


Please visit the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness at http://www.celiaccentral.org/ for more information about purchasing the book.

Labels: , , , ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. G.F. said...

Congratulations!

How wonderful.

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer